Monday, May 21, 2007

What about the potato?

I'm done with county fair knitting. I turned it all in and got just about everything done. I replaced my potholder entry with the purple socks for my TA. Which means I should sweep the ribbons in the sock category. Woo hoo! So I'm taking a couple days break from knitting, then I'll start back on my TA socks.

In the past couple years I've entered an additional contest which required me to decorate a mailbox. After 2 mailboxes I'm moving on to something smaller and more disposible.... The MR POTATO HEAD contest. The instruction say to decorate a potato as 'someone or something' with points for creativity and overall design.
Here are my ideas so far:
  • Cleo-potatra - With headdress, possibly reclining
  • Einstein - need wig
  • Geisha - Paint, Hair, Kimono
  • California -requires a serious hunt for the correctly shaped potato and little flag labels
What do you think? Any other ideas? The top prize in this is $20... Well worth a couple potatoes!

1 comment:

Liz said...

cleo-potatra is my absolute favorite -- you can use black yarn to make the wig.